January 16, 2010

Adventures for us or should I say Ed

It all started with Ed breaking his snowboard recently. Then he did something to his back that put him in bed and on the couch for a few days 2 1/2 weeks ago. Now
.
.
.
.
He blew up the car. Really he did.


The story goes like this. Ed went on his snowboarding trip on Wednesday. He heard some weird noise, pulled over and didn't see anything so he then went on his way. The noise was still there. SO he now pulls over yet again and sees the tire has blown the tread.

He then goes and changes the tire to the spare. Well, the spare had low air. He is thinking he should be able to make to a gas station to put air in it and be on his way.
NOPE.
That one blew too and he has to drive on a rim to the closest tire place.
He gets 2 new tires on the front and then is on his way.
On his way he is going up Vail Pass. Guess what happens? The car blew a hole in the engine. Now forgive me since I do NOT know all this engine talk. Look at the pictures below and you will see the hole and the piston rod that is supposed to enclosed INSIDE the engine. Thanks to Ed he took, edited the pictures and put the captions on them. I would not have been able to tell what looked right and wrong.


He managed to get to the top of Vail pass and coasted all the way to Copper to a gas station. This is many miles in distance. I so call that talent. I also say he had a few guardian angels watching over him. I am so thankful that he is ok. Safe and sound.

I do ask Ed to call me when he gets out of Glenwood Canyon. It's a little over 2 hours away. And then when he arrives to Dillon. I got way to many calls from him that day.

SO the next day. I got to venture out with 2 kids and pulling a tow dolly behind the truck to go get Ed and the car. We made it there and home safely. And just took the car to it's final resting place at the recycling center yesterday. AND yes, we kept the NEW tires he just bought that MAYBE only have 60 miles on them.

Anyone want a deal on BRAND NEW tires that are still mounted on the rims and are balanced? If so let us know!

4 comments:

susie said...

Well, I'm certainly glad that Ed is ok. Sorry about the car. Guess you'll have to get another one. Maybe it will use the same tires!

supermom said...

oh my goodness! i am not so sure I could drive with a tow dolly on the back of my car. holy cats! so glad everyone is OK! :O)

Planet said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! Unbelievable!! What is a toe dolly anyway? You'll have to take a picture of one. Gosh, you guys seems to be having car troubles like us!! Thats stinks, so U guys been looking at cars?

Anonymous said...

The universe really didn't want him to go snowboarding, huh?