April 11, 2009

Preschool and 1.5 mile hike

On Thursday they had Easter egg hunt at Cordelia's school. We got there a little bit late so we missed the frenzy. Sad I know but we stayed and watched her chase the boys around.

Here she is in action.

Why oh why would she do this? Jumping off of a picnic table towards a pole. We were laughing so hard!!

Here we are on Friday. Ed took us to a hiking trail called Trail Through Time. It is a 1.5 mile loop of hiking. Here we are touching a fossiled dinosaur bone.
We saw plenty of lizards.

And I need to give myself a pat on the back! I still can't believe I finished the hike. I seriously thought I would putz out before the end.


So the plan was to get me active (hopefully induce labor), wear Cordelia out and have some family fun. I think all goals were accomplished. Well, wait a minute. I am still pregnant! Ed thought taking me on a hike would get the baby out. Well, not this time buddy. We still had a blast and I need to give credit to the dear, loving hubby for all the awesome pictures he took. Muah babe!

The plan today is color a few eggs and to make a cake for a little get together we have tomorrow with Cordelia's new BFF from preschool. Hopefully the rain will have stopped by then.

And a beautiful Happy Easter from our family to yours!

4 comments:

supermom said...

oh my goodness, he DID take you on a hike, that is tooooo funny. i thought he was just being sarcastic. lol!

man, C, looks just like you. you can completely see it in the pics. :O)

i have hit the ground running today. i have been running like a wild woman today. i am so exhausted and have not accomplished all that i wanted too. i need a beer and a nap. lol!

well, looks like you missed having the baby on my bday. darn it! Easter would be good. I was actually born on an Easter Sunday!

looks like you had a great time on your hike. Happy Easter my wonderful friend. :O)

Abby said...

Girl, I can't believe you did that! Good for you! You look great!

Solitare said...

I am impressed, good job on the hike! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. James and I slept in (he finally had a weekend day off) drank coffee and then went goecaching! It was a nice relaxing day.

Samantha said...

What great pictures! You look beautiful, and Cordelia is just too cute. I, of course, love the pic of the lizard. It's a Great Basin Collared lizard, just in case you wanted to know :) I hope the baby comes soon!! HUGS!!