July 7, 2010

Oops, my bad

So when it comes to the house. I apparently don't know what I am talking about. hem, hem...


I called the gutter people to have gutters put on the house. Yes, gutters did not come on it.


The wife called me to confirm the appointment and asked what colors I had chosen. Well, when I told her I apparently called the downspouts, gutters and did not refer to any downspouts at all or something like that happened. And when the gutters and downspouts were put on I learned real quick what I had done. Oops!


I had taken the time to match the colors to the border around the houses roof (what is the name of that area?) and matched the stucco. Well, now it is opposite... Sad!! When I walked out I was stunned. I felt me stomach go for a loop....

I stood back take a look and the upper part (lining the roof, what is it called again?) looks fine. Actually it looks good!




BUT those downspouts stand out so bad.


So I talked to the gutter guy he said "I was wondering why you picked those colors". His helper had said the same thing and of course Ed also said it looked off, yet not one of them spoke up... I looked at each one of them and asked "why didn't you speak up?" Hello??? The boss man knew that I had wanted to match everything so it wouldn't stand out (yes,I am taking full responsibility) BUT come on! Say something!!!

After admitting my oops to him and chit chatting, he said that if it made me happy he would come back and change out the spouts. Whew, stomach settles down, I can take a deep breath.

So later on, I walked by Ed and told him that that is the last house thing I am dealing with by myself. I am apparently not "smart, educated, knowledgeable enough-whatever you want to call it" to handle this house stuff. Seriously, I don't want to fudge another thing.

So now I wait for the gutter man to return to fix my oops....







To be continued...

3 comments:

supermom said...

oh NO, lol! um, i don't get why they didn't say anything to you.......M E N!

Harley Dee said...

This totally sounds like something I would do :D Glad they're going to switch them out for you :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.