July 28, 2008

Random goodness

We have been enjoying oursleves here in Grand Junction. We haven't seen much of Ed this last week, which is sad BUT it is nice when he does come home. He worked over 100 hours. How tiring.

I have continued to look for a place for us. Nothing really is out there. It's depressing. I could go rent a house for $1300 a month that excepts pets. But do you really think I am that crazy?? NOPE!! Money hungry landlords up here. It makes me want to cry. Really, it does.

So we put in a application to a 2 bedroom 1 bath and are waiting for the landlord to come back from his vacation. Hopefully we will have good new soon. I am so itching to finish this move. To make us a new home, unpack the stuff that I haven't seen for over 8 months.

I have some sad news to share. My Grandma passed away. She was a strong woman and shocked us all by hanging on for so long. She will be dearly missed. I do wish I could have know her better.


I picked up Stephenie Meyers newest book Host. So far it is very different and interesting.


Cordelia playing outside and with the sprinklers

























We found a praying Mantis




Dodger


Ollie


My first rainbow in Grand Junction




Isn't this cool??






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the HOST, OMG, it is sooo good. I loved it. I have not read the Twilight series (yet). It's really good.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. {{{hugs}}}

Lissete said...

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

I hope your housing situation works out for you soon. Everything around here is waaaaay expensive.

My daughter is hooked on the Twilight series. I will probably start on them soon. Oh, and your little Cordelia is too stinkin' cute!

Martha said...

We found a praying-mantis last week...beautiful and fun to watch. It crawled on our arms, very friendly, but I didn't have our camera to capture the moment!